Top 10 Best Low THC High CBD Strains You Can Grow
If you are looking for a cannabis strain that can offer you the benefits of cannabidiol (CBD) without getting you high, then you might want to consider low THC high CBD strains. These are strains that have a high ratio of CBD to tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the main psychoactive compound in cannabis. CBD is a non-intoxicating cannabinoid that has been shown to have various therapeutic effects, such as reducing pain, inflammation, anxiety, seizures, and more.
In this blog post, we will explain what CBD is and what it does, why you might want to choose a CBD strain, and what are the top 10 best low THC high CBD strains available on the market.
What Is CBD and What Does It Do?
Cannabidiol (CBD) is one of many cannabinoids found in cannabis, but unlike THC, which binds to CB1 and CB2 receptors in the endocannabinoid system (ECS), CBD does not directly interact with these receptors.. Instead, it modulates the activity of other cannabinoids and neurotransmitters, influencing the ECS and other systems in the body.
CBD has been found to have anti-inflammatory, analgesic, anticonvulsant, anti-anxiety, neuroprotective, and anti-psychotic properties. It can also counteract some of the negative effects of THC, such as paranoia, anxiety, and memory impairment.
Why Choose a Low THC High CBD Strain?
There are many reasons why you might want to choose CBD flowers. Some of them are:
- You want to enjoy the medical benefits of CBD without getting high or experiencing any psychoactive effects.
- You are sensitive to THC or have a low tolerance for it.
- You want to avoid failing a drug test for THC.
- You want to use cannabis during the day or for work-related purposes without impairing your cognitive or motor skills.
- You want to avoid some of the potential side effects of THC, such as increased heart rate, dry mouth, red eyes, anxiety, paranoia, or memory loss.
Top 10 Best Low THC High CBD Strains You Can Buy
There are many high-CBD strains available on the market today, but some of them stand out for their quality, potency, flavor, and effects. Here are our top ten picks:
1. Pennywise - THC/CBD 1:1
Pennywise is an Indica-dominant strain with a balanced content of CBD and THC. It has a CBD-to-THC ratio of approximately 1:1, meaning it can provide both medicinal and recreational effects. CBD can reach around 12-15% and can help with conditions such as epilepsy, arthritis, PTSD, and cancer symptoms.
It has a sweet, spicy flavor and aroma that can be stimulating and pleasant, with hints of coffee, pepper, and bubblegum, giving it a unique and complex taste.
2. CBD Auto Blackberry Kush - THC/CBD 1:17
CBD Auto Blackberry Kush is an autoflowering strain with a high CBD content and a low THC content, with a ratio of approximately 17:1. CBD reaches around 17% and can help fight chronic pain, muscle spasms, seizures, and inflammation. It also has a THC content of 1%, which can add a subtle sense of calm and well-being to the user.
CBD Auto Blackberry Kush has an earthy, fruity flavor and an aroma that can be smooth and pleasant, with hints of blackberry, blueberry, and kush, giving it a rich, complex taste.
3. Red Pure CBD Auto - THC/CBD 1:37
Red Pure CBD Auto is an autoflowering strain with a very high CBD content and a negligible THC content, with a ratio of approximately 1:37. CBD reaches around 15-17% and can help with a variety of medical conditions, such as anxiety, depression, insomnia, and migraines. It has a THC content of less than 0.5%, which means it does not produce any psychoactive effects.
Red Pure CBD Auto has a sweet, floral flavor and an aroma that can be soothing and relaxing, with hints of red fruits, citrus, and pine, giving it a fresh, delicate taste.
4. CBD Auto Charlotte’s Angel - THC/CBD 1:17
CBD Auto Charlotte’s Angel is an autoflowering strain with a CBD-to-THC ratio of around 17:1, which means she can offer health benefits without blowing your mind. CBD reaches 17% and can help fight depression, anxiety, inflammation, and epilepsy. It also has a THC percentage of less than 1%, which can give a mild sense of relaxation and happiness to those who consume it.
This strain has a herbaceous and citrusy flavor and aroma that can be refreshing and pleasant, with hints of pine, lemon, and orange, giving it a bright, tangy taste.
5. Pink Kush CBD Auto - THC/CBD 1:30
Pink Kush CBD Auto has a ratio of CBD-to-THC around 30:1, which means it can offer therapeutic effects without any intoxication. It has a CBD content of around 17%, which can help with pain, inflammation, depression, and insomnia. It also has a THC content of less than 0.5%, which can have negligible psychoactive effects.
Pink Kush CBD has a sweet and floral flavor and aroma that can be soothing and relaxing. It has notes of vanilla, candy, and roses, giving it a delicate and delightful taste.
6. Doctor Seedsman CBD - THC/CBD 1:30
Doctor Seedsman CBD has a ratio of CBD-to-THC around 30:1, which means it can deliver potent medical benefits without any impairment. It has a CBD content of around 20%, which can help with epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, arthritis, and anxiety. It also has a THC content of less than 0.5%, which can have minimal psychoactive effects.
Doctor Seedsman CBD has a citrusy and herbal flavor and aroma that can be refreshing and uplifting. It has hints of lemon, mint, and pine, giving it a zesty and invigorating taste.
7. Blueberry CBD - THC/CBD 1:16
Blueberry CBD is a strain that has a high level of CBD and a low level of THC. It is an Indica-dominant hybrid created by crossing Blueberry and CBD-rich strains. It has a CBD-to-THC ratio of around 16:1, which means it can offer health benefits without getting you high. It can help with ailments such as pain, depression, nausea, and inflammation.
Blueberry CBD has a sweet, fruity taste and smells reminiscent of blueberries. It has a pleasant and uplifting effect that can stimulate creativity and happiness.
8. OG Kush CBD - THC/CBD 1:15
OG Kush CBD combines the legendary OG Kush with high-CBD genetics and is known for its potent effects and complex flavor profile, while CBD is known for its anti-inflammatory and anti-convulsant properties. It has a THC content of less than 1%, which can have negligible psychoactive effects, and a CBD content of up to 15%, which can help with pain, inflammation, seizures, and stress.
This strain has a rich and earthy flavor and aroma of pine, wood, and spice, which can induce relaxation and calmness.
9. Skunk Dream CBD - THC/CBD 1:26
Skunk Dream CBD is a cannabis strain with extremely low levels of THC and high levels of CBD. It is a sativa-dominant hybrid created by crossing Sensi Skunk and Alpine Delight CBD. It has a THC percentage of less than 0.25% and a CBD percentage of around 7%, which means that it can provide a relaxing and soothing effect without any psychoactive impact.
Skunk Dream CBD has a skunky, spicy, floral aroma and flavor reminiscent of the legendary Skunk #1. It has a gentle and calming effect suitable for daytime use.
10. Alpine Delight CBD Automatic - THC/CBD 1:30
Alpine Delight CBD Automatic is an autoflowering strain with very low levels of THC and high levels of CBD. It is an indica/sativa hybrid that was developed crossing the Swiss Dream and Skunk #1. It has a THC percentage of less than 0.6% and a CBD percentage of up to 20%, making it an ideal strain for those looking for the benefits of CBD without getting high.
Alpine Delight CBD Automatic has a sweet, spicy, and skunky aroma and taste that is pleasant and refreshing. It has a mild and relaxing effect that is not couch-locking or sedating.
Choose Your Favorite Low THC High CBD Strains
As you can see, there are many high CBD and low THC strains to choose from, each with its unique characteristics, flavors, aromas, and effects.
Whether you are looking for a strain that can help you with a specific medical condition or wants to enjoy the benefits of CBD without getting high, there is a strain for you. Try them out and find your favorite strain today!
Those strains have many advantages over high THC strains or pure CBD products. Some of these advantages are:
- They offer a balanced effect that combines the benefits of both CBD and THC without causing unwanted side effects.
- They can enhance the entourage effect, which is the synergy between different cannabinoids and terpenes that can increase their effectiveness.
- They can provide more relief for certain conditions that respond better to a combination of CBD and THC than to either one alone.
- They can be more affordable and accessible than pure CBD products that may require higher doses or special extraction methods.
THC and CBD work by interacting with the endocannabinoid system (ECS), which is a network of receptors and molecules that regulate various functions in the body, such as mood, pain, appetite, sleep, immune response, and more.
THC works by binding to CB1 receptors, which can cause psychoactive effects such as euphoria, relaxation, altered perception, and increased appetite.
However, THC can also have negative effects such as anxiety, paranoia, memory impairment, and increased heart rate. CBD works by modulating the activity of both CB1 and CB2 receptors, without directly binding to them. CBD can counteract some of the negative effects of THC, such as anxiety and paranoia, and enhance some of the positive effects, such as pain relief and anti-inflammation.
CBD can also have other benefits such as neuroprotection, anticonvulsants, anti-psychotics, and anti-depressant.
CBD flowers are ideal for people who want to experience medical cannabis without getting too high or experiencing unwanted side effects. These strains can help with conditions such as chronic-pain, epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, PTSD, anxiety, depression, and more.
There are many reasons why someone may prefer a CBD strain with less than 0.2% THC over a regular cannabis strain with higher THC levels. Some of these reasons are:
- To avoid any psychoactive effects or impairment of cognitive function
- To avoid any negative side effects of THC, such as anxiety, paranoia, dry mouth
- To comply with legal regulations or drug testing policies that limit the amount of THC allowed in cannabis products
- To benefit from the entourage effect, which is the synergistic interaction of different cannabinoids and terpenes that enhance each other’s effects
- To enjoy a more balanced and mild experience that does not overwhelm or interfere with daily activities
There are many CBD cannabis strains with less than 0.2% THC available on the market today, thanks to selective breeding and genetic engineering. Some of these strains are:
- CBG Citrus Nectar: This strain has a CBD content of 15% and a CBG content of 10% while having less than 0.2% THC. CBG, or cannabigerol, is another non-psychoactive cannabinoid that has anti-inflammatory, neuroprotective, and antibacterial properties. CBG Citrus Nectar has a citrusy aroma and flavor that is refreshing and uplifting.
- Strawberry CBD: This strain has a CBD content of 15% and a THC content of less than 0.2%. Strawberry CBD has a sweet and fruity aroma and flavor that is reminiscent of strawberries. Strawberry CBD is ideal for relaxing and relieving stress without causing any drowsiness or intoxication.
- Lemon Kush: This strain has a CBD content of 10.5% and a THC content of less than 0.2%. Lemon Kush has a lemony aroma and flavor that is zesty and energizing. Lemon Kush is perfect for boosting mood and creativity without compromising focus or clarity.
Both are derived from the same plant species, Cannabis sativa. However, they have different legal and chemical definitions. Hemp flower is classified as hemp, which means it contains less than 0.3% of THC, the psychoactive compound that causes a high. Marijuana, on the other hand, contains more than 0.3% of THC and is illegal in most states and countries. CBD Hemp does not cause any intoxicating effects and is legal to buy and use in most places.
ILGM Plant Protector