How to Remove Marijuana Smell from House: 12 Ways to Get Rid of the Dank
Marijuana is a popular and widely used substance, but it can also leave behind a strong and unpleasant smell in your house. Whether you smoke it or vape it, the odor of marijuana can linger for hours or even days. This can be a problem if you want to keep your cannabis use discreet, or if you have guests, roommates, or family members who are sensitive to the smell.
Fortunately, there are some effective ways to get rid of this smell from your house, or at least mask it until it fades away. In this blog post, we will share how to remove marijuana smell from house, as well as some tips on how to prevent it in the first place.
12 Ways to Get Rid of the Weed Smell from Your House
1. Invest in Air Fresheners
One of the easiest and cheapest ways to cover up the weed smoke odor is to use air fresheners. You can buy them in different forms, such as gel, plug-ins, or diffusers. Choose a scent that you like and that is strong enough to mask the weed smell. You can also make your air-freshener by mixing water, alcohol, and essential oils in a spray bottle.
2. Light some Incense Scented Candles
Another way to create a pleasant aroma in your home is to light some incense candles. These can help neutralize the smell of weed and create a relaxing atmosphere. However, be careful not to leave them unattended or near flammable objects, as they can pose a fire hazard.
3. Use An Odor Eliminator Spray
If you want to get rid of the cannabis smell rather than just covering it up, you can use an odor eliminator spray. These are specially designed to break down the molecules that cause the odor, leaving behind a fresh scent. You can find them in most supermarkets or online. Some popular brands are Febreze, Ozium, and Lysol.
4. Use A Carbon Filter If You're Growing
If you’re growing your cannabis plants, you’ll need a more powerful solution to deal with the smell. A carbon filter is a device that attaches to your ventilation system and filters out the odor from the air. It works by trapping the odor molecules in activated charcoal, which absorbs them and prevents them from escaping. You’ll need to replace the filter regularly to keep it effective.
5. Use Ionization Air Purifiers
Another device that can help you eliminate smoke odor from your home is the ionizer. It works by releasing negative ions into the air, which attach to the positive ions in smoke weed odor molecules and cause them to fall to the ground. This removes them from the air and can be vacuumed up or swept away. Ionization can also improve the air quality in your home by removing dust, pollen and other allergens.
6. Try Body Spray or Perfume
Sometimes, the smell of weed can linger on your clothes, hair, or skin, even after you’ve smoked outside. To avoid this, you can try using some perfume spray to mask the smell on yourself. However, don’t overdo it, as too much fragrance can be suspicious and annoying to others.
7. Cook Food with Strong Odors
Another trick to cover up the smell of weed in your house is to cook food with strong odors, such as garlic, onion, curry, or bacon. These can overpower the smell of weed and make your house smell like a delicious meal instead. Plus, you’ll have something tasty to munch on after smoking.
8. Open Windows and Turn on The Fans
One of the simplest and most effective ways to get rid of the marijuana odor from your house is to open the windows and turn on the fans. This will create ventilation and allow fresh air to circulate in your house, pushing out the stale and smoky air. You should do this as soon as possible after smoking before the smell settles into your furniture and fabrics.
9. Clean Your Smoking Accessories
Another source of weed smell in your house is your smoking accessories, such as pipes, bongs, grinders, or rolling papers. These can accumulate resin and tar over time, which can emit a strong odor even when not in use. To prevent this, you should clean your smoking accessories regularly with hot water and soap or alcohol.
10. Wash Your Clothes and Bedding
The smell of weed can also stick to your clothes and bedding, especially if you smoke in your bedroom or near your closet. To avoid this, you should wash your clothes and bedding frequently with detergent and fabric softener. You can also add some vinegar or baking soda to your laundry to boost its odor-removing power.
11. Sprinkle some Baking Soda on Your Carpets and Furniture
This is a natural deodorizer that can absorb odors from various surfaces. You can sprinkle it on your carpets, furniture, and hard surfaces and let it sit for a few hours or overnight before vacuuming it up. This will help to remove any traces of smell from your fabrics.
12. Boil some Vinegar or Lemon Peels on The Stove
Finally, you can use vinegar or lemon peels to create a natural air freshener that can eliminate the smell of weed from your house. Simply boil some vinegar or lemon peels in a pot of water on the stove and let the steam fill your house. The acidic properties of vinegar and lemon can neutralize the alkaline properties of weed, resulting in a clean and fresh scent.
How Can I Smoke Marijuana Without Making My House Smell?
If you want to smoke marijuana without making your house smell, you can try some of these methods:
1. Smoke outside or in a well-ventilated area: The easiest way to avoid making your house smell like weed is to smoke outside or in a place with good air circulation. This will prevent the smoke from lingering in your rooms and furniture. You can also open the windows and turn on a fan to help disperse the smoke.
2. Use a vaporizer instead of a joint or a pipe: A vaporizer is a device that heats marijuana to produce a vapor instead of smoke. Vaporizers are more efficient, discreet, and healthier than smoking, as they produce less odor and tar. You can choose from different types of vaporizers, such as portable, desktop, or pen-style ones.
3. Use a sploof (a homemade device that filters out the smoke): A sploof is a simple contraption that you can make with a toilet paper roll, some dryer sheets, and a rubber band. You just need to stuff the roll with dryer sheets and cover one end with another sheet secured by a rubber band. Then, you can exhale the smoke through the sploof and it will come out smelling like laundry.
4. Smoke less frequently or in smaller amounts: Another way to reduce the smell of marijuana smoke is to smoke less often or in smaller doses. This will minimize the amount of smoke that you produce and the time that it stays in the air. You can also try micro-dosing, which is taking very small amounts of marijuana to get the desired effects without getting too high or stinky.
5. Store your weed in airtight containers: The smell of marijuana can also come from your stash, especially if you have a lot of it or if it’s very potent. To prevent this, you should store your weed in airtight containers, such as glass jars, metal tins, or plastic bags. This will keep your weed fresh and prevent it from leaking any odor into your house.
6. Use an odorless strain of marijuana: Some strains of marijuana have less smell than others, so you can choose one that suits your needs. For example, strains that are high in CBD and low in THC tend to have a milder aroma, as well as other benefits such as pain relief and relaxation. You can also look for strains that have fruity, floral, or citrusy terpenes, which can mask the smell of weed.
7. Burn incense before smoking weed: Another way to mask the smell of weed is to burn some incense before you light up. Incense has a strong and pleasant scent that can cover up the odor of marijuana. You can choose from different varieties of incense, such as lavender, sandalwood, or jasmine, depending on your preference.
No More Hodors Problems!
To sum up, smoking marijuana indoors doesn’t have to cause problems for you or your neighbors. The smell of weed can be bothersome and troublesome for those who smoke in their homes. Luckily, there are effective methods to get rid of or reduce the scent. By following these tips, you can indulge in cannabis without worrying about the odor. These suggestions will help you consume marijuana without attracting unwanted attention or complaints.
FAQs - How to Remove Marijuana Smell from House
The best odor control for marijuana depends on several factors, such as the amount and frequency of use, the type and quality of marijuana, the ventilation and size of the room, and the personal preference and sensitivity of the user. It may take some trial and error to find the most suitable and effective method for each situation.
One of the most common methods is to use an air filter or a fan to circulate and purify the air in the room where the marijuana is stored or used. Air filters can remove particles and odors from the air, while fans can help disperse the smell and prevent it from accumulating. Some air filters are specially designed for cannabis odor control, such as carbon filters or ozone generators.
Another method is to use odor-neutralizing products, such as sprays, candles, incense, or gel beads. These products can mask or eliminate the smell of marijuana by releasing a different fragrance or chemical compound into the air. However, some of these products may not be very effective or may have health risks if used excessively or improperly.
A third method is to use natural remedies, such as baking-soda, vinegar, lemon, or coffee grounds. These substances can absorb or neutralize the odor of marijuana by changing the pH level or the chemical composition of the air. They can be placed in bowls, jars, or sachets around the room where the marijuana is stored or used.
The duration of the marijuana smell in a house depends on several factors, such as the amount and quality of marijuana smoked, the size and ventilation of the room, the type and material of the furniture and fabrics, and the sensitivity of the person smelling it. In general, marijuana smell can last from a few hours to a few days in a house.
Marijuana smell itself is not harmful to health unless you are allergic or sensitive to it. However, marijuana smoke can contain harmful substances, such as tar, carbon monoxide, or carcinogens, that can affect your lungs and respiratory system. Therefore, it is advisable to avoid inhaling secondhand marijuana smoke or smoking marijuana in enclosed spaces.
If you want to get rid of the weed smells from your breath, you can try some simple but essential remedies such as brushing your teeth, chewing gum, or rinsing your mouth with mouthwash. You can also eat some foods that can help neutralize the odor of weed, such as parsley, mint leaves, lemon slices, or apples.
The length of time that the cannabis smell lingers on a person depends on several factors, such as:
- The amount and potency of marijuana consumed. The more marijuana and the higher its THC content, the stronger and longer-lasting the smell will be.
- The method of consumption. Smoking produces more smell than vaping, edibles, or tinctures because it involves combustion and leaves more residue on the clothes, hair, and skin.
- The personal hygiene and habits of the user. Washing hands, brushing teeth, changing clothes, using deodorant, perfume, or mouthwash can help to remove or mask the smell of marijuana from the body.
- The sensitivity and proximity of others. Some people may have a better sense of smell than others or may be more familiar with the smell of marijuana. The closer they are to the user, the more likely they are to notice the smell.
In general, the marijuana smell can last from a few minutes to several hours on a person, depending on these factors. To avoid detection or inconvenience, it is advisable to use odor control methods and practice good hygiene after consuming marijuana.
ILGM Plant Protector